It's that time again. Here's a (slightly belated) look at the things I was loving in February and March. Fingers crossed that the April edition will be packed with open-toed shoes and breezy sundresses. I'm ready for spring, big time. These are the things that have been keeping me company as I wait out the dregs of winter.
1) DL1961 Emma Legging Jeans: I wear pants so infrequently that I've been asked on multiple occasions whether I actually own a pair of jeans. Until now. I discovered these DL1961 Emma Leggings at Bloomingdales a few weeks ago, and they've quickly become my go-to Saturday night outfit. They're cute, comfy and provide much greater protection against the chilly March winds than my usual black opaque tights. Who knew? Consider me a convert.
2) Justin Timberlake the 20/20 Experience: This is the part where I admit on the internet that I've been listening to Justin Timberlake on repeat all day every day for weeks. It's really that good.
3) Yes to Cucumbers Facial Cleanser Towelettes: These are my new favorite beauty product--amazing for cleansing your face and removing makeup on the go, they're now a must-have in my gym and overnight bags.
4) Stabilo Pens: I first discovered these pens during a high school trip to Switzerland, and despite trying countless other brands in the decade and a half since, they're still my gold standard.
5) House of Cards: This one snuck up on me. It's not all nervous nail-biters a la Homeland. Rather, the storyline develops in a slow burn that turns you into a full fledged fanatic just in time for the finale. Counting the days until Season Two.
6) J.Crew Factory Envelope Clutch: I ordered this clutch during a big Factory sale and I love the bright pop of color it adds to an otherwise basic outfit.
7) Hu Kitchen Almond Butter and Puffed Quinoa Chocolate Bar: One of my savviest friends pulled a bar of this chocolate out of her purse after an almost-too-virtuous dinner at The Butcher's Daughter. Made with cacao and unrefined coconut sugar, it's delicious and (nearly) guilt-free. I think that Hu Kitchen is just a New York thing at the moment, but if you're in the city you should stop in to check out their healthy fare and make sure to buy a chocolate bar (or four, like I did) while you're there.